Books to Keep You Entertained During the Big Game
I enjoy the Super Bowl because I love my friends and, of course, the snacks. But otherwise, I find the game pretty boring. I’m not sure I’ll actually get time to read during the festivities, but it’s nice to have a book on hand just in case. Here are some recommendations to keep you company during the game (organized by desired level of distraction) and the links to their Kindle pages so you can read right on your phone...no one even has to know.
Sports Books. Maybe you want to tune out of the game, but still keep the spirit of the moment. These books are for you.
- Dare Me by Megan Abbott
- Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger
- Beartown by Frederick Backman
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- The Singles Game by Lauren Weisenberger
- The Hopeful by Tracy O’Neill
- Little Girls in Pretty Boxes by Joan Ryan
- The Unraveling of Mercy Lewis by Keija Parssinen
Books to Block Out the Noise. Need something that will instantly hook you and keep you reading in spite of the cheers and chatter? Look no further than these page turners.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- American Royals by Katherine McGee
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna
- The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell
Books for Short Attention Spans. These are the books for readers who want to pay moderate attention to the game, but have a book to dip in and out of during the dull moments.
- I’d Rather be Reading by Anne Bogel
- Text Me When You Get Home by Kayleen Schaefer
- Black is the Body by Emily Bernard
- Burnout by Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- Reader, Come Home by Maryanne Wolf
- The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan
- Bull by David Elliott
- The Witches are Coming by Lindy West
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott
- Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks by Annie Spence
This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you), which helps me keep recommending books. Thanks for supporting FictionMatters!